The Vortex® Roller Gate™ is the best choice for handling dry material in gravity flow or low-pressure applications. This gate is available in a wide variety of configurations including rectangular sizes and customer specific hole patterns. It has live-loaded seals that extend the service life by compensating for wear. These seals provide an excellent material seal across the gate and to atmosphere. They can also be replaced while the valve is in-line. Similar slide gates have seals made of soft packing, rubber or felt, which rapidly erode away allowing product leakage.
Key Industries Served: Agriculture, Chemicals, Foods, Minerals, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Textiles
Rated for ATEX Zone 20 internal and Zone 21 external
- Unlike on many other valves, the Roller Gate has no metal on metal causing metal galling. This results in the seizing and binding of the gate as well as the introduction of foreign metal into the product being handled.
- Cleanliness by design: Traditional roller supported slide gates have ledges where materials build up. The ledges have been eliminated in the Vortex Roller Gate minimizing material cross-contamination and spoilage.
- Vortex Roller Gates provides long-term and reliable service in applications where carbon steel slide gates corrode which leads to seizing and binding.
- Positive seal of dust and fine powders
- No pinch points or exposed moving parts for safe operation
- Wear compensating hard polymer seals
- Seal access ports for replacement while in-line
- Serviceable while in-line
- Material construction options available
- Food friendly options available
- Gravity flow
- Handles powder, granules and pellets
- Horizontal or vertical valve orientation
- Open / closed or volume metering of material
- Accurate metering of material with optional control
- Standard sizes: 4″- 30″ | 100mm – 750mm