The Vortex Quantum Series Wye Line Diverter is specifically engineered to handle dry bulk solids in vacuum or dilute phase pneumatic conveying systems with pressures up to 15 psig (1 barg) depending on size. A full flow orifice provides unrestricted conveying of material. The live-loaded seals are shielded from abrasion by a metal insert.
Key Industries Served: Agriculture, Chemicals, Foods, Minerals, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Textiles
Rated for ATEX Zone 0/20 internal and Zone 1/21 external
- Ordinary flapper-style diverter valves rely on elastic seals which are exposed to blast abrasion causing them to erode and tear away in service. The Wye Line Diverter is designed so the seal plates are shielded from blast abrasion providing long, reliable service.
- Rotating tunnel diverter valves typically have seals which are exposed to excessive wear upon actuation and are prone to seizing and binding due to material buildup between the plug and the housing. The Wye Line Diverter is self-cleaning on each actuation and is designed for high cycle service.
- Traditional cast iron diverter valves are heavy and bulky, increasing their installation costs. The compact design and low weight of the Wye Line Diverter is advantageous when installation is required in crowded or overhead equipment areas.
- The Wye Line Diverter offers positive sealing in both vacuum and pressure conveying systems. The scissor material shearing action allows the valve to reliably diverted on a stream of material (when required).
- Handles powders, granules and pellets
- Shifts "on the fly"
- Wear compensating hard polymer seals
- Unobstructed opening
- Positive seal through closed port
- Serviceable while in-line
- Diverts or converges material flow
- Food friendly options available
- Dilute phase pneumatic conveying (pressure or vacuum)
- Handles non abrasive to moderately abrasive powders, granules and pellets
- Horizontal or vertical valve orientation
- Open / closed or volume metering of material
- Available in 2, 3, or 4-way configurations
- Material construction options available
- Standard sizes: 2″ -12″ | 50mm – 300mm | Contact us for custom sizes
- Standard sizes 3-Way & 4-Way: 2″ – 6″ | 50mm – 150mm |